ONE INDUSTRY, MANY VIEWPOINTS No scripts, no direction, no talking points. Just five people talking about one of the most important industries in the world—Modern Agriculture.
It’s not hard to find a conversation about today’s food system. Celebrity chefs, nutrition and diet awareness, farmers’ markets, the explosion of fast casual restaurants—consumers have a wide variety of ways to engage. And they are very interested in understanding modern agriculture and food production.
In the U.S. today, less than 2 percent of the population farms. Within the other 98 percent exists a wide range of understandings and curiosity about what happens on those farms. More and more, society desires information about how their food is grown. The gap between those who grow the food and those who consume it can contribute to misconceptions and assumptions about agriculture.